Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finished my first blanket!!

Hello everybody! I hope you are all fine, especially those who had experienced this bad earthquake yesterday. We had a huge storm here in the evening and the water was coming in our house through the front door and our garden was flooded, it was so scary.
Today I´ve sewed in the last loose ends from my "Rowan's Sampler Afghan" and now I´ve finished my first blanket!! :o)
It was a Crochet Along and you will find everything about it here.
The blanket is made of 16  9"x 9" squares all with a different pattern. In my case only 15, when I sewed the squares together I realized, that I made one twice and forgot another. Thats so me, I have to be more organized!!
I want to thank you so much Laurinda for sharing your crochet knowledge and teaching us all the new stitches. I had so much fun doing this!



I´m waiting for more sun to klick better pictures!
All the best for you all! Barbina

See other creative spaces here.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great. And your holiday photos are beautiful. Hope you are having a good day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blanket is so pretty. Good to know that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An uns ist der Sturm gottseidank ohne größere Schäden vorübergezogen, aber der Himmel war schon unheimlich...

    Deine Decke ist echt schön geworden, ich hab mal auf das Bild geklickt um's in Originalgröße zu sehen, damit ich die einzelnen Squares besser erkennen kann - da sind ja richtig interessante Muster dabei, ich muss unbedingt mal deinem CAL-Link folgen!

    viele liebe Grüße,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is lovely, it's a good idea to use a different stitch for each square and I like the colour too.
    Aisha xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist ein schönes Projekt, die Blümchen gefallen mir gut, und jeses Quadrat in einer anderen Technik zu häkeln ist eine super Idee und sieht sehr schön aus.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!